Thursday, September 29, 2011

My friends


A guy I met on the Internet has over 1000 friends on Facebook. But, actually he doesn’t know any of them. One day, he organized a party to meet them all. But nobody showed up. I didn’t intend to go either, because he lives in Japan.

One of the main dangers of the Internet is the creation of a gap between virtual and real life. A social network like Facebook encourage us to reproduce our real life on the Internet because we are naïve enough to believe that Facebook is a place of exchange where people can be or become friends. It seems really nice to have 1000 online friends - but how many of them are there when you need support or money? And what means the word “friend” when your online friend, who asked for your friendship, ignores you in the real life? I leave you now, sorry, a bunch of friends are talking to me on Facebook.




No comments:

Post a Comment